What is a Docent? It is surprising how often that question comes up but a DOCENT is a guide, hostess and storyteller. A Docent also has responsibility of ensuring the safety of the collection, the building and visitors during their shift.
To be a Docent requires training and that is provided by the Docent Director several times a year and these scheduled training sessions are announced through the DUP Company and Camp meetings. NEW videos are available for basic Docent Training. These are for new members but also a refresher for members who have not served in a while.
There are several documents that are needed by the Camp Docent leaders and they are listed below. Click on the name of the document and you can download the file.
- CORE DOCENT QUESTIONNAIRE
- 2023-2024 Artifact of the Month – FINAL
- Docent Calendar 2023-2024 Rev 8-28-23
- 2023-2024 Docent Packet
- OPEN MUSEUM revised 7-17-2023
- CLOSE MUSEUM revised 7-17-2023
- Summary of 3rd Week Events 23-24
- Artifact Stories 8-2022 This document has stories about artifacts in each room in the museum. Learn more about some of your favorite items to tell our visitors.
- Museum Tour Script Revised 8-2022 Use this document when conducting a tour for a group in the museum.
DOCENT TRAINING VIDEOS:
- Docent Training – Opening Museum and Security
- Docent Training – Steps to Open Museum
- Docent Training – Steps to Close Museum and Other Important Information
- Docent Training – Aids to learn about Artifacts
- Docent Training – What is a Docent and Why are they important?
CASH REGISTER TRAINING VIDEOS:
A good review of Gift Shoppe Sales Transactions before you serve as a Docent. Just click on the title and the video will start playing. To go to the next video you will need to come back to this page and click on the next title. If you click on cc (closed caption) at the bottom of the video you will see the text displayed. A Cash Register Training Cheat Sheet is available by clicking here.