What is a Docent? It is surprising how often that question comes up but a DOCENT is a guide, hostess and storyteller. A Docent also has responsibility of ensuring the safety of the collection, the building and visitors during their shift.
To be a Docent requires training and that is provided by the Docent Director several times a year and these scheduled training sessions are announced through the DUP Company and Camp meetings.
There are several documents that are needed by the Camp Docent leaders and they are listed below. Click on the name of the document and you can download the file.
- Docent Packet 2018-19-FINAL
- 2018-2019 Docent Calendar
- Docent Packet 2019-2020 FINAL
- 2019-2020 Docent Calendar
- CLOSE MUSEUM revised 5-2019
- OPEN MUSEUM revised 5-2019
- 2019-20 Artifact of the Month – DOCENT INFO
CASH REGISTER TRAINING VIDEOS:
A good review of Gift Shoppe Transactions before you serve as a Docent. Just click on the title. If you click on cc (closed caption) at the bottom of the video you will see the text displayed.