In the 1940's the DUP organized a band that played in parades and social events in Washington County.

What’s New At The Museum?

There have been some new changes in the Museum.  A music room is being created along with a portion of the display to honor Hortense McQuarrie Odlum and thank her for making our Museum possible.  Her first cousin, Ferol Moore Kincade helped make possible the expansion in 1985.  Without these two women we wouldn’t have this beautiful museum today.

The Christmas Cake has it’s own display case now and it is wonderful to see it highlighted.  It is now over 120 years old!